Getting a good dog harness is half the battle. You also need to know how to put it on the right way. This is common issue dog owners deal with and there are a few tips and tricks that work well when it is time to put on the harness.
- Adjustable Dog Harness - Recommended Breeds: Small to Large Dogs, such as Golden Retriever, Huskie, Labrador, Alaska, German Shepherd,...
- No Pull, No Choke - Our non-pulling dog harness is specially designed with 2 metal leash rings for safer dog walks. Use the chest...
- Easy to Use - This hassle-free overhead harness is easy to put on and take off with its 2 fast-release buckles. Slide the harness over...
- Fully Adjustable - This adjustable harness features 4 easy adjusting straps around the body. You can use its 2 neck straps and 2 chest...
- Safe and Comfortable - Your dog will enjoy the daily walk in this comfort dog harness! Made of durable nylon oxford and padded with...
- ATTENTION: Sizing does NOT directly correspond to your pet's breed or weight. Please MEASURE your pet by printing out our Size Guide...
- ALL WEATHER MESH: Made with a soft, breathable air mesh, this lightweight pet harness is perfect for walks all year round.
- REFLECTIVE BANDS: Two reflective bands on the sides of this harness enhance your pet’s visibility for those early morning and late...
- THREE SAFETY FEATURES: Our hook and loop fastener, buckle and double D-rings work together protect your pet in three layers of...
- STEP IN, CLIP & GO. Step into your next walk in this simple and easy-to-wear vest harness. Click ‘Add to Cart’ now.
- [UPDATED VESION, EASY TO PUT ON & TAKE OFF] This dog harness has 3 buckles( One is on the neck with Lockable, two are on the chest), NO...
- [NO PULL WITH 2 HOOK LOOPS] There are 2 sturdy metal hook loops for leash attachment. If you use the front hook on the chest, it will...
- [REFLECTIVE MATERIAL] The reflective material will be really nice when it gets dark. Also, your dog will be saw easily. This reflective...
- [USEFUL & SOFT HANDLES] You will like this handle on the back,it is helpful in controlling dogs a bit closer to you when they are...
- [100% BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE] If any products quality really exits, a refund or replacement will be available.
- 【 NO PULL & NO CHOKE 】tobeDRI dog harness featured with 2 strong metal delta shape-rings on front and back for leash attaching,...
- 【 EASY TO USE AND LOCKING SECURITY 】The dog harness with simple design and quick snap buckles which make it easy to put on and take...
- 【 DURABILITY 】Made of durable nylon webbing, enhanced high density nylon oxford, breathable mesh lining and strong accessories...
- 【 EASY CLEANING 】Machine washable is easy for daily use. All metal accessories are rust-proof
- 【 REFLECTIVE 】Reflective stitching maintains high visibility at night for safety
- Authentic Puppia Soft Dog Harness made out of 100% Polyester
- Adjustable chest belt and quick-release buckle
- Comfortable padded neck opening
- Machine washable, but hand washing and air drying are recommended. Note: Please make sure your dog's head can pass through the neck...
- Small - 11.9" x 16.6" Chest Girth / 10.6" Neck Girth. Comfortable around neck
Here are the tips to consider when you are going through this process with your dog.
1. Set Dog Harness On The Floor
The first thing you are going to do is place the dog harness on the floor. A common mistake people make is to rush the process and not put the dog harness on the floor. This means they attempt to have the dog stand up or sit in their lap while trying to get the harness on.
This is much harder because it is not easy to get the dog to stay still and the harness itself has multiple holes that need to be in the right spot.
This is why the better option is to simply put the dog harness on the floor. While doing this, it is important to ensure the harness is spread out and you can see the holes.
2. Put Dog’s Feet In The Two Holes
You are now going to get the dog to walk up to the harness. This is going to be right in front of them and that is when you will put their front legs inside the holes.
The goal is to make sure both legs are evenly inside the holes so they can slide up.
It is better to have the dog held while doing this so they don’t move around. It’s important to do this to make sure you see good results for your dog.
3. Raise The Harness And Clip It
If you don’t raise the harness, it is not going to clip the way you want it to. This is one of the mistakes dog owners make as they attempt to clip it while the harness is halfway on.
Make sure it goes all the way up and is snug against the dog’s body. This is when you are going to have enough leverage to get the dog harness to sit still.
When you are clipping it, it is important to look at where the dog’s fur is. You don’t want to clip the dog’s fur into the harness as that is not comfortable.
4. Begin Adjusting The Harness
Now you are going to begin to adjust the dog harness based on what the dog’s body needs.
This is a mistake many people make because they don’t adjust the harness and assume the initial setting is good enough. It is not good enough because the dog might have excess wiggle room or won’t be able to maximize their positioning while they are moving around.
You want to adjust the dog harness to ensure they are comfortable and it does do its job.
5. Check the Dog’s Movement With Harness On
The last thing to focus on will be the dog’s comfort as a whole. You don’t want a situation where the dog is whining or uncomfortable because the harness is either too tight or drooping all over the place.
This is a mistake people make because you assume as long as the harness is on that it is good to go. No, this is incorrect because when there is no movement, the harness is not going to work out the way you want it to.
Take your time to see how the dog moves around and then go from there. This is the only way to ensure the dog is happy and the harness works the way it should.
Do not rush the process and make sure your dog is comfortable when the harness is being put on. This is to ensure the dog has complete movement and enjoys having the harness on. Otherwise, it is going to negatively associate the process with pain or discomfort.
Tips On How To Put On A Dog Harness
How to Fit the 5 Main Types of Dog Harnesses
About My Little and Large
Our passion is providing quality products for pets.
Keeping your dog safe and secure with quality products is our only purpose. We can agree that quality beats price any day.
Team Tested and Team Approved
Our team is comprised of well-researched and accurate representations of items and products. If you find any information that is contradictory to that we would love to update our records. Being real people we sometimes make a mistake and we appreciate you understanding that. More about My Little and Large